This page contains resources related to early childhood mental health and preschool education. For resources from past TTAC events, please visit our events page.
Click on a category below or scroll down to browse all categories!
- TTAC COVID19 Resources Guide Newsletter
- TTAC Self-Care Resources for Child Serving Professionals
- COVID-19 Story Book: Fighting the Big Virus: Trinka, Sam, and Littletown Work Together By Piplo Productions
Job Opportunities in the ECMH Network
- The Child Center of NY
- Jewish Board of Family and Children Services (JBFCS) Bronx
- Jewish Board of Family and Children Services (JBFCS) Brooklyn
- Northside Center for Child Development
- OHEL Children's Home and Family Services
- Sheltering Arms
- Newsletter, Summer 2020
- CityMatCH Leadership and MCH Epidemiology Virtual Conference, September 2020: Conference Presentation, "A Year of Mental Health Consultation in Early Care and Education Settings: Evaluating Classroom and Child-Level Outcomes". View the presentation slides and recorded presentation!
- Newsletter, Winter 2020
- Early Childhood Mental Health Archived Webinars Flyer
- Conference Presentation: "Integrating Evidence-Based Practice into an Early Childhood Mental Health Network: A Dynamic Approach to Strengthening the Resilience of Young Children and Families"
- Poster Presentation: "NYC Mental Health Consultation Program - Overview"
- June 2018 Network Celebration
- Newsletter, Fall 2018
- Poster Presentation: "A Professional Development Model to Build Workforce Capacity to Identify and Address the Mental Health Needs of Young Children and Their Families"
- Poster Presentation: "Mental Health Consultation in Early Care and Education: A Capacity Building Approach to Supporting Young Children’s Social-Emotional Development"
Billing: The Nuts and Bolts of Providing Early Childhood Mental Health Services
- CHIP vs. Medicaid (please note: this document is a generic, federal level description. Click here for more information on Child Health Plus)
Clinical Assessment Tools
- Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) Common Assessment Tool
- Output to Outcomes Clinical Assessment Measures Database: outcomes.ctacny.org
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Resources
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Toolkit
- NYC Early Childhood Mental Health Network Brochures: Available in English and Spanish
- Active Design Playbook for Early Childhood Settings
- Mental Health Resources Available in NYC (All Ages)
- NYC Well: Call 1-888-NYC-WELL, text WELL to 65173 or visit the website.
- ThriveNYC Mental Health Roadmap: Understanding New York City's Mental Health Challenge
- Sesame Street Family Focused Webinars
- Supporting Immigrant Students' Rights to Attend Public Schools, from the Intercultural Development Research Association
Early Childhood Mental Health 101
- Defining Early Childhood Mental Health: What the Science Tells Us
- Fostering Healthy Social and Emotional Development in Young Children:
- Milestones: Understanding Your Child's Social and Emotional Development from Birth to Age 5
- Social and Emotional Development Research Background
Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation
- CSEFEL Pyramid Model Training Modules
- Georgetown University Center for Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation
- Mental Health Consultation Manual for Early Care & Education Staff
- SAMHSA Center of Excellence for ECMH Consultation
- "The Physical Environment: A Powerful Regulator of Experience" By: Elizabeth Prescott
- "Where Do the Bears Go?": The Value of Child-Directed Play By: Genan T. Anderson, Anita Rae Spainhower, and Ann C. Sharp
Fact Sheets and Guides
- Developing a Vision and Strategic Planning for Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation (Tutorial)
- Guidance for Early Intervention Program Providers and Other Early Childhood Professionals
- Identifying and Referring Children with Developmental Delays
- Postpartum Depression in New York City
- Referring Young Children and Their Families for Mental Health Services
- Support Guide for Social Emotional Development, Compiled by the Association to Benefit Children (ABC)
In the Media
- Behavioral Health News, Winter 2019: ""Building Workforce Capacity to Support the Mental Health Needs of Young Children and Their Families" By: Susan Chinitz, PsyD, Clinical Co-Director of TTAC
- NY Daily News: "Help Children Emotionally Thrive" By: Chirlane McCray, First Lady, NYC
- NY Daily News: "Mental Health Care for Children in Need" By: Tonia Spence, Senior Director of Early Childhood Services, Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services
NYS Children's System Transformation
Access information on New York State’s children’s system transformation via the links below.
- Children’s Medicaid Redesign Team (MRT)
- Children and Family Treatment and Support Services (CFTSS)
- Children’s Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
- Children’s Health Homes
- Voluntary Foster Care Agencies